Youth Band Auditions
We are proud to announce the 21st season of the Triangle Youth Brass Bands! For nearly two decades, the TYBB program has maintained a tradition of excellence through performing while fostering the growth of young brass and percussion musicians throughout central North Carolina.
The TYBB is looking for the highest caliber musicians on trumpet, french horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba and percussion. There are three bands, placement being determined by audition.
- Be In the 8th-12th grades.
- Be accomplished on their instruments
- Be enrolled in their school band program.
- Make a commitment to the dates on the schedule.
If you have conflicts with anything on the schedule, contact the Artistic Director to see if it will prevent participation.
- All musicians interested in auditioning for the Triangle Youth Brass Bands must complete an online registration form.
- After the registration form has been submitted, the Artistic Director will contact you via e-mail to set up an audition time.
- Download and prepare the required audition solo.
- Musicians interested in consideration for WBB must play both sections. Musicians interested in consideration for the TYBB/TYABB only, you may play just the first section. However, it is recommended that you attempt the second section as well.
Percussion Audition Material
Percussionists are required to play the prepared solo (from website) for snare drum, AND timpani, AND mallets (xylophone or marimba). The audition location will have instruments; you will need to bring your own music, sticks, and mallets.
Audition Day Procedures
- Your time commitment on the day of your audition will be no more than 30 minutes. There will be 10 auditions per hour. The earlier you schedule, the closest to the front of the hour you will be. Arrive early enough to warm up before you audition. When you finish, you may leave.
- When you arrive, check in with the audition coordinator, and fill out the audition form. Warm up in the designated room, and be ready for the coordinator to call you just before your time. Notification of placement into the Youth bands will be by e-mail, so please make sure you print that info clearly on the form.
- In the audition room: Give the judges your audition form. Play your prepared selections, then the sight-reading. You do NOT need extra copies of the solo for the judges. You must play straight through the sight-reading selection without stopping.
**Please do not contact the facility for any reason regarding brass band auditions. They have no information regarding our activities.**
All questions should be sent to: Jesse Rackley (Artistic Director) – email@example.com
2017-18 Audition Information
When: Sunday, October 8 – 12-8 pm
Where: Sanderson HS Band Room. 5500 Dixon Drive Raleigh, NC 27609