Youth Band Auditions
We are proud to announce the 24th season of the Triangle Youth Brass Bands! For over two decades, the TYBB program has maintained a tradition of excellence through performing while fostering the growth of young brass and percussion musicians throughout central North Carolina.
The TYBB is looking for the highest caliber musicians on trumpet, french horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba and percussion. There are three bands, placement being determined by audition.
- Be In the 8th-12th grades.
- Be accomplished on their instruments
- Be enrolled in their school band program for the full academic year.
- Make a commitment to all dates on the schedule.
If you have conflicts with anything on the schedule, contact the Artistic Director to see if it will prevent participation.
- All musicians interested in auditioning for the Triangle Youth Brass Bands must complete an online registration form.
- After the registration form has been submitted, the form will give you a link to sign up for an audition time.
- * If you are auditioning for the first time with the TYBB, a letter of recommendation is required from your band director or private instructor. This can be emailed to the Artistic Director.
- Download and prepare the required audition solo.
Brass Audition Material
Brass players are required to perform the 2020 audition solo and sight reading. If you wish to be considered for the Watson Brass Band you must play both sections. If you wish to be considered for the Triangle Youth Brass Band and Triangle Youth Academy Brass Band only, you may play just the first section. However, it is recommended that you attempt the second section as well.
Percussion Audition Material – NEW
9/15/2020 update – Due to the virtual audition change, the percussion audition will only include the snare drum portion and no mallet or timpani.
Percussionists are required to perform the 2020 audition solos for snare drum, AND timpani, AND mallets (xylophone or marimba). The audition location will have instruments; you will need to bring your own music, sticks, and mallets.
Virtual Audition Day Procedures – NEW
TYBB Auditions will be held using the Zoom platform for the 2020-2021 season. After registering, students will receive an email with a link and to enter the Zoom meeting. Expect to receive this email on or around September 24, 2020.
- When you enter the meeting, an audition monitor will verify your registration and help to test your sound settings.
- Once your registration has been verified and sound settings tested, you will enter a breakout room with the judges to perform your audition.
- When you are finished with your audition, leave the meeting.
- Results will be sent via email on or around September 30, 2020.
All questions should be sent to: Jesse Rackley (Artistic Director) at email@example.com